Insurance is not one-size-fits-all for every company. There are a lot of factors to keep in mind when looking for insurance that best fits the needs of your fleet.
Alex from Truckspy interviewed Tracy from HigginBotham Insurance about his experiences dealing with trucking companies in the insurance industry.
From an insurance perspective, Tracy has noticed some key mistakes new companies often make, such as:
- Growing too fast/having too many operations at once
- Buying equipment that is too old/outdated, which can lead to future problems and maintenance violations.
Alex and Tracy also discuss common maintenance violations and how they can be dealt with, or ever avoided altogether.
Some of Tracy’s main recommendations for new carriers include:
- Having your safety plan/policies clearly written out
- Have a main focus on safety in your company
- Build a strong network with other companies
Of course, staying on top of your safety and maintenance programs is vital to success.
Ideally, a good insurance company will work with each carrier to help meet their individual needs and promote a safe work environment.
Check out the full interview on YouTube to learn more.
This video was recorded at the 2022 Linehaul Summit. Learn more at www.linehaulsummit.com
To make sure you never miss an episode of The Road Forward podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or our website.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for The Road Forward in your favorite podcast player.